Step 1: ServeSafe Certificate

Los Angeles County Health Department requires that you have a food handler's certificate (also known as ServSafe). This will ensure you are following the Los Angeles County Health Department regulations when you are preparing your food. There are many half-day courses given on a regular basis to become a Certified Food Handler. Please take a look on the left under "quick numbers" for schools that provide training. You can also find a location near you that does training on ServSafe's website.

Your company needs the main point of contact to be certified through the state as a Certified Food Protection Manager. The course may be taken online and the cost is $125

Anyone else working in the kitchen should complete the Food Handler's course. This can also be taken online and cost's $15

Step 2: Insurance

All tenants should have general liability insurance. Whether you are renting our kitchens for one shift or full-time you must have insurance. Having insurance limits your liability in the instance there is damage done to our facility, equipment, or your products. Make sure your policy list's Kitchen Place as an "additionally insured" property owner.

If you need insurance here are a few options to get you started:

Food Liability Insurance Program


Step 3: Shared Kitchen Application (LA County Health Department)

The LA County Health Department requires an application to be a tenant in a shared kitchen space.

Download application HERE

The fees associated with the application include:

  • $157 - Application Fee
  • $48(per quarter) or $130(annual) - Permit Fee

If you would like more information on Kitchen Complex Tenant Codes Click Here

Step 4: Fill & Submit Application

Once you have completed the above steps, fill out our application and upload your appropriate documents. We look forward to cooking with you soon!